Working with CNS
- Register your business with System for Award Management (SAM)
Registration in sam.gov is required in order to do business with CNS. SAM is the official U.S. Government database for doing business with the federal government and prime contractors. As part of the registration, your business will be assigned a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) to identify your business in U.S. Government databases. Maintaining an up-do-date registration in sam.gov is a requirement for doing business with CNS CNS.
Note: Securing a Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS) number is no longer required to register in sam.gov. However, it may be requested during the procurement process.
- Ensure your company information is in the Small Business Administration (SBA) Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS)
The DSBS is a database that government agencies use to find small business contractors for upcoming requirements. Small businesses can also use DSBS to find other small businesses to work with.
Note: The information you provide when you register your business in SAM is used to populate DSBS. A link during SAM registration is available.
- Review Upcoming Major Procurements
Our goal is to provide you with CNS (Y-12 and Pantex) procurement projections based on the best information presently available. This information is provided for planning purposes.
Keep in mind that these requirements may be revised or cancelled, depending on program budget funding or departmental needs. Suppliers are encouraged to monitor the CNS Procurement Forecast monthly for any upcoming major requirements.
- Review Contract Opportunities (formerly FBO)
Although not a requirement, and dependent upon the complexity of the requirement, CNS may choose to post certain requirements on Contract Opportunities as a means to expand market research activities.
- Provide a One-Page Capability Statement to the Small Business Program Office at Pantex and/or Y-12.
- Learn more about CNS Mission, Supply Chain Management (SCM), and the Small Business Program Office:
Pantex Plant: https://www.pantex.energy.gov
Y-12 National Security Complex: https://www.y12.doe.govPantex Plant: https://www.pantex.com/doing-business
Y-12 National Security Complex: https://www.y12.doe.gov/suppliers